All in one protein powders are an effective solution for people who want the benefits of protein without the hassle of having to remember which specific form of protein to take in which particular set of circumstances. They are also for people who live in smaller homes since they eliminate the need to store several different products and their packaging. Here is a review of the best all in one protein powders we have found.
MuscleTech Anabolic Halo
Based on whey protein (concentrate, isolate and hydrolysate), Anabolic Halo also contains milk protein, calcium caseinate and egg albumen for results which are quick but also long lasting.
As well as providing 40g of protein per serving, Anabolic Halo contains 5g of creatine, which has long been used by sports people as it helps with the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), which provides the energy for muscle contractions.
Anabolic Halo contains tart cherry concentrate, which is full of antioxidants and helps to reduce inflammation. It also provides electrolytes such as magnesium, hence it can be used to replace a post-workout drink.
Each serving of Anabolic Halo includes more than 1g of branch-chain amino acids (BCAAs), 1g of L-alanine and 650mg of advanced glutamine. Hence it can take the place of a carbohydrate energy drink.
One serving is 64g of powder. Anabolic Halo is best mixed with water rather than milk.
Available in milk chocolate and strawberry
- 30 Grams of Whey Protein, Primarily from Whey Protein Peptides and Whey Protein Isolate
- Most Powerful Protein Powder - Core Ingredients in Nitro Tech Protein Powder Scientifically Shown to Build 70 Percent More Muscle than Regular Whey...
- 5 Grams of Glutamine & Precursor, 6.8 Grams of BCAA Amines Plus a Clinically Studied 3 Gram Dose of HPLC-Tested Creative Monohydrate in Each Serving
- Delicious Tasting Protein Powder Featuring Premium Whey Protein for Easy Mixing and Digestion
- The Whey Protein in Nitro Tech is Ultra-Filtered for a Whey Protein Isolate that Contains Less Fat, Lactose and Impurities than Other Cheaper Protein...
THE PROTEIN WORKS All In One Protein Powder
Based on whey protein (concentrate and isolate), this The Protein Works product is made from animal-rennet-free sweet cheese and hence is vegetarian-friendly. It can be mixed with milk or water.
Each 70g serving provides around 28g of protein (depending on flavour) along with around 20g of carbohydrates (ditto).
This product uses TWS’ “Dual Phase Carb System”, which essentially blends quick and slow release carbohydrates so that you get results which are both speed and long-lasting.
The carbohydrate content is based on pure fine oats & dextrose. This helps to give the product an outstanding texture. It also mixes completely with a noticeable lack of residue left over.
TPW’s All In One Protein Powder also contains 3.4g fat (2g saturates),5g creatine monohydrate, 5g glutamine and 500mg leucine.
The standout feature of this product is the use of TPW’s PepForm® Leucine Peptides, which provides high levels of leucine-rich peptides in a soluble and highly bioavailable form, isolated from the whey proteins.
Available in\; banana smooth, choc mint brownie, chocolate silk, cookies ‘n’ cream, strawberries ‘n’ cream and vanilla creme.
Read our full Protein Works company review
|Values based on:||per 100g||per 70g serving|
|of which Saturates (g)||1.7||1.2|
|of which Sugars (g)||19.3||13.5|
- Cutting edge protein formula developed using essential nutrients for lean muscle growth
- Provides over 27 g of protein per serving
- Contains creatine monohydrate, glutamine, leucine, pepform and digezyme for enhanced muscle growth
- Complete recovery product - optimal protein and carbohydrate to fuel recovery
- All-in-one protein shake
Bulk Powders Aftermath
Each 70g serving of Bulk Powders Aftermath contains 40g of protein, which is based on the mTOR Protein Complex and includes whey protein (concentrate and isolate) and Leucine.
The whey comes from grass-fed cows, which are grazed in Europe, it is GM free and suitable for vegetarians (i.e. without the addition of animal rennet).
Aftermath is accredited by the Informed Sports programme, meaning that it has been tested and approved by the HFL Sport Science anti-doping laboratory and hence can be used safely by most competitive athletes.
This product contains Vitargo to deliver carbohydrates in a rapidly-digestible form, in fact, it can be digested up to twice as quickly as other forms of carbohydrate and avoids filling up the stomach as starchy foods can do.
Each serving of Aftermath also contains:
Creatine monohydrate 5g
Glutamine peptides 5g
This product can be mixed with water or milk. Due to the Vitargo content, it does need to be mixed very thoroughly before drinking.
Available in: double chocolate, strawberries & cream and vanilla bean. Read our Bulk Powders company review here
|NUTRITION||PER 70g (Serving)||PER 100g|
|Fat of which saturates||2.1g 1.4g||3g 2g|
|Carbohydrate of which sugars||21.7g 0.7g||31g 1g|
- Market leading All in One supplement with 40g protein
- Vitargo, Creapure, Glutamine Peptides, Leucine & HMB
- Banned substance tested under Informed Sport programme
- 5g of Creapure per serving!
- 1.5g of added HMB per serving!
PhD Nutrition Synergy ISO-7
Based on whey protein (concentrate, isolate and hydrolysate) plus micellar casein, each 66g serving of PhD Nutrition Synergy ISO-7 contains 40g of protein, from quick-release to slow release.
There is also over 16g of carbohydrates based on quality ground oats, which means that PhD Nutrition Synergy ISO-7 can take the place of a recovery drink. It also adds to the texture.
PhD Nutrition Synergy ISO-7 provides a wide range of vitamins and minerals:
Vitamin C 80mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 0.29mg
Vitamin B6 0.2mg
Folic Acid (Vitamin B9) 83µg
It also contains:
Creatine Monohydrate 5g
Bioperine® (Black pepper extract) 4.88g
Additionally PhD Nutrition Synergy ISO-7 provides over 6g of branched chain amino acids plus over 6.4g of naturally occurring L-Glutamine.
This product can be taken with water or milk, the mixing liquid should ideally be as cold as you can tolerate.
Available in: banana, chocolate mint, chocolate orange, chocolate peanut, double chocolate, strawberry delight and vanilla creme.
|Typical Values (when mixed with water)||Per 100g||%RI* per serving||Per 66g serving (2 scoops)|
|Of which saturates (g)||1.30||0.86|
|Of which sugars (g)||9.80||6.50|
|Vitamin C (mg)||121||151||80|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) (mg)||0.439||30||0.290|
|Vitamin B6 (mg)||0.303||22||0.200|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9) (µg)||126||64||83|
|Creatine Monohydrate (g)||7.50||5|
|Bioperine® (Black pepper extract) (mg)||7.40||4.88|
*RI = Daily Reference Intake.
◦Protein content calculated on the correct EU labelling directive of Nitrogen x 0.25 which provides an accurate conversion factor of protein consumed on an ‘as-is’ basis.
|TYPICAL AMINO ACID PROFILE (PER 66G SERVING)|
|L-Alanine (mg)||1140||L-Lysine* (mg)||2326|
|L-Arginine (mg)||897||L-Methionine* (mg)||672|
|L-Aspartic Acid (mg)||2401||L-Phenylalanine* (mg)||1182|
|L-Cysteine (mg)||506||L-Proline (mg)||2427|
|L-Glutamic Acid/L-Glutamine (mg)||6404||L-Serine (mg)||1494|
|L-Glycine (mg)||545||L-Threonine* (mg)||1493|
|L-Histidine* (mg)||651||L-Tryptophan* (mg)||306|
|L-Isoleucine* (BCAA) (mg)||1590||L-Tyrosine (mg)||1079|
|L-Leucine* (BCAA) (mg)||2923||L-Valine* (BCAA) (mg)||1709|
|ADDED AMINO ACIDS (PER 66G SERVING)|
|L-Isoleucine* (mg)||120||L-Valine* (mg)||120|
|TOTAL BCAA’S (PER 66G SERVING)|
- Rich protein complex with 40 g of protein per serving to build lean muscle
- Added research proven micronutrients to maintain testosterone levels
- Helps increase physical performance
- Helps reduce tiredness and fatigue; suitable to use 60-90 minutes before exercise
Reflex Nutrition One Stop Xtreme
Servings are on the large side, being 145g (about four and a half scoops) of powder, but they deliver plenty of nourishment, starting with a huge 55g of protein.
The protein blend is 71% whey protein concentrate and 29% milk protein of which 80% is micellar casein and the rest native whey. This provides a mixture of quick- and slow-release proteins.
The dairy products come from EU sources and are confirmed to be entirely free of GMO of any description.
One Stop Xtreme also delivers almost 50g of carbohydrates with only minimal sugar. The carbohydrate content is based on a low GI carbohydrate complex, which is 50% oat flour and 10 barley flour.
In addition to all of this, One Stop Xtreme provides 10.3g BCAAs, 5,000mg Creapure® Creatine, 100% RDA of daily vitamins, LAB2PRO® friendly bacteria and DigeZyme digestive enzyme complex
This product can be taken with water or milk. Given the strength of the product, some people find it easier to digest when made with water.
Available in: chocolate perfection, strawberries & cream and vanilla ice cream
- One stop Xtreme was developed to replace the use of numerous dietary supplements so that bodybuilders can easily take a shake
- We use whey protein, which is hormone- and antibiotic-free and made from the milk of grass-fed cows
- The milk from grass-fed cows is richer in Omega-3 fatty acids and contains up to five times as much CL
- One stop Xtreme contains 55g protein, 10.3g BCAAs, 73g Carbohydrates per serving
- It also contains creatine and is suitable for vegetarians
MaxiNutrition All-in-One Strength and Power
Each 55g serving of All-in-One Strength and Power provides 21g of protein, which is mainly whey protein concentrate, supported by milk protein isolate.
There is also 22g of high-quality carbohydrate and 2g of fibre in each portion. In keeping with what you would expect from a health product, there is only 2g of fat and minimal salt.
All-in-One Strength and Power also contains 6.2g of creatine monohydrate per serving of which 5.5g is creatine as well as 3.9g of L-Leucine.
All-in-One Strength and Power belongs to the Informed Sports programme, which means that it has been tested and approved by the HFL Sport Science anti-doping laboratory and therefore can be used safely by most competitive athletes.
Available in chocolate and strawberry, some people find this product has a sweeter flavour than its counterparts. All-in-One Strength and Power is intended to be consumed with water rather than milk.
|Typical Values||100g||Per 55g (serving)|
|of which saturates, g||1.7||1.0|
|of which sugars, g||20.7||11.0|
|Creatine monohydrate, g||6.2||3.4|
|of which Creatine, g||5.5||3.0|
- Formulated to provide 20 g of protein to help support the maintenance and growth of muscle
- Contains 3 g of creatine per serving - a proven ingredient that can give you extra power to perform harder in high-intensity bursts of exercise
- Every serving is low in fat whilst still providing an effective level of protein and creatine to support your strength and power goals
- MaxiNutrition only use proven, reliable ingredients with known scientific benefits in products
- Every batch of all-in-one is screened for banned substances and is registered with the informed-sport programme
Best All In One Protein – Overall verdict
All of these products offer an complete package of protein, carbohydrates, some fibre and other nutrients, notably creatine. Which one is best for you depends on your taste and needs. We’d suggest that you start by trying out one or more smaller packs until you see how you feel about the flavour of any specific product and how well it fits into your life and training regime.